1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial lot need help.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Bilt Tuff LLC, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Bilt Tuff LLC

Bilt Tuff LLC Junior Member

hey, I need some help estimating a few commercial lots for a doctors office and spa.
    We mainly do construction but since the collapse of the economy we started snow plowing and lawn care too.

one of the lots is 10000 sq feet and the other is 21000 sq ft. the sidewalks need to be cleaned and salted. Including the lot at times too. Ive included a link to the gis link. the doctor is the one highlighted in red and the spa is directly to the right. thanks, Justin

http://maps.sagagis.org/SAGAIMS/vie...&QueryZoom=Yes&Query=PIN = '12-4-19-1622-000'

2. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

1) what kind of equipment do u plan on running on the sites?

2) are u going to leave them there for the winter?

3) do u have ur own spreader or are u doing this by hand?

4) how much shoveling is actually required?

5) what is you trigger depth?

6) per push/per hour/ per season/ per inch?

3. Bilt Tuff LLC

Bilt Tuff LLC Junior Member

1. Im running a 350 dually with blizzard plow.

2.No im not going to leave the equipment because is only 30,000 sq ft total which is less than an acre.

3. I have a spreader which will be used for the sidewalks(calcium chloride) and another for the lot(rock salt). rear mounted. on truck

4. Theres around 400 ft of sidewalk that needs to be shoveled and salted

5. Trigger is 3 inch.

6.I was looking for a per push rate.

I've been doing mainly residential driveways and would like to know how often do you clean commercial lots and do you charge full price for each return or give a discount? let me know thanks, Justin

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

On my screen it's surrounded in blue I assume that's what you mean
    and then the spa is the bigger lot next door.

if so.
    snow plowing only, figure out the shoveling, i can't see the walks well enough. But i bet one guy could shovel them before you are done plowing.

3-6" of snow
    Dr's office: maybe 15 minutes to push it, easy easy easy. charge your minimum.

spa (bigger place to right), is going to be a pain with that funny lot at the right . Call it 30-40 minutes. Yeah, 30 minutes. Half your hourly plus a little.

If doing both at once (same owner-same bill) charge them about your hourly.

Michigan rates are extremely low (because everyone is out of work).
    You'll certainly need $1mil liability.

this discussion is on here a few times (use the search) but apparantly michigan is pretty much of a giant PITA when it comes to trucks over 10,000lbs. A daully with plow, etc could easily be overweight. (although the truck wont' know, the scales will along with the GVW plate).

If it's just a little on the lot (1" or less), I usually don't charge (depends on circumstances, customer, weather, etc), I try to keep the customer. (bleed them slow) But if I come back and it's at trigger point, it's full price.