1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Lot Need Help Bidding? Picture & Measurements

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by justin9978f, Apr 2, 2012.

1. justin9978f

justin9978f Junior Member

I have a commercial parking lot that is requiring a per push estimate. There is no salting needed or any sidewalks to do its just a stright lot that needs to be plowed. I know I need to charge more for different amounts of snow but i am lookig for a bid based on 2 inches of snow. I have a F-350 with a western wideout that will be doing this job the dimesions for this plow are 7′ 2″ retracted, 9′ expanded, 7′ 11″ scoop. The total amount of concreate is 81,000 sg ft. Does anyone have a calculator out there based on the plow and square feet? I need to determine the time this is gonna take and i was thinking $85 an hour for the truck? Thanks for helping.

parking lot.jpg

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I'd say 1.5hrs

3. justin9978f

justin9978f Junior Member

So does $85 an hour sound right or $75? I was thinking $112 a push does that sound competative?

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Summer pricing.250.00 per push

5. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

I'm gunna take a guess 1 hour and 45 min at 105 an hour. Im just a rookie though, so I dont know.

6. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

What he said.

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

did you buy the small wideout.....its 8 ft in and 10 ft out

8. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Why no salt? Not worth it. Pass.

9. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I think he put the width at angle

10. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Remember gas and diesel prices going up every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. wewille

wewille Senior Member

I also agree about an hour and a half to two hours per push...

12. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Two Hours, depending on how fast and how god awful bad you want it to look after your done. then an 1.5hr.... if you haven’t started you should start tracking youron time how long it takes you to plow similar lots then you can start making better ideas on how lots about the same size will take you to get them done., as longae29 said I would pass if you’re not at least salting or doing the sidewalks. those two services are the money in this industry anymore is!!)

13. KTLawnCo

KTLawnCo Member
    from VA

$350 per push because of no salting

14. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

No salt? who covers the liability for slip and fall.

15. ShaneysLawnCare

ShaneysLawnCare Senior Member

$175-$185 a push, you have sidewalks, fair amount of curbs, and not much room to push too.

16. Nutz4Plowing

Nutz4Plowing Member

I would say 1.75 hrs and would definately question as to why no salt. Who will be liable for slip/fall. Plus your name will be attached to it. Consider event during customers in the lot and having to touch things up on a separate trip. Look out for you and not their pocketbook. Possibly have them sign waiver for surface conditions after snow is removed and let them be liable.