1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial lot help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by kriz2ooo, Dec 14, 2011.

1. kriz2ooo

kriz2ooo Junior Member
    from CT

Here is a lot I have to quote per push. I believe that is the best way to do it.
    What do ya'll think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

for 1-3.99" just bid your hourly rate, probably in the $65-75 range for the plowing and another $35 or so for the walks.

3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

hard to understand from your pictures how big this lot is

4. kriz2ooo

kriz2ooo Junior Member
    from CT

here is an aerial view for a better perspective

Aerial view of lot.png

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

About 2k for the season and no sidewalks.

6. BPS#1

BPS#1 2000 Club Member

I get $137 per push starting at 1'' and up. To date I haven't had more than 8".
    They don't want a varying price.

Includes sidewalks and ice melt on sidewalks as needed.

Clipboard012.jpg

7. bristolturf

ok so they want a flat rate for you to push it regardless of how much snow is there? If thats the case id probably go in around $150-175/push including sidewalks and then its probably going to take about 2 bags of ice melt for the sidewalks.

Just make sure you have in your contract that you will start at 1" and plow as needed every 2-3" after or so. OR I would state this price is ok up to an 8" event or something after that everything we do will be hourly.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'm kind of fascinated about charging hourly rates on these small lots ,even with a foot of snow it won't take that much time.

9. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Small lots are perfect for seasonal....

10. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

At least you have all that room to put the snow:dizzy:

11. kriz2ooo

kriz2ooo Junior Member
    from CT

Yea im not to inclined to charge per hour. Where is the motivation to get in and get out, you can make alot more charging per job?

Id say 50% of those spots can be used to pile snow. There are way more spots than needed.

The owner is looking for a seasonal rate. Should I charge for walks at a "per push" rate or include in seasonal rate. Salt/ sand is extra. Where should I be $ wise per season?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  12. bristolturf

I would include sidewalks in your seasonal rate. Are you putting a cap on it or leaving it open? I think if your leaving it open about 2500 or so including sidewalks, if your putting a cap on it at like 48 or 50" (thats what i see the seasonal average is in conneticut is) probably about $1800-2000 and then your salt sand mix is what ever additionally.

13. ProLawn Outdoor

ProLawn Outdoor Senior Member

Talk to the manager first and figure out where they want you to pile snow. That will dramatically affect your price. Could take you twice as long to move it all to a specific place that they may request.

14. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

make sure of what he wants you to use on the brick pavers, both clearing and ice melt

15. kriz2ooo

kriz2ooo Junior Member
    from CT

Thanks for the input bristol, those numbers seem about right, may go a little more as a buffer.

I will ask where he would like the snow.

I'm thinking pile it against the end of the straight run that has the arrows, would make for an easy spot for the two pushes.

16. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree i have 25 props all pay per push per salt drop, just switched to bulk.. I make a killing when it snows.

No Seasonals, why play their game, this is our industry, they pay what we want.
    I walk away from stuff all the time, i would rather stay small with high profits

17. KTLawnCo

KTLawnCo Member
    from VA

Well said, I would also do per push the faster you get it done the more money you make payup