1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial lot entrance markers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DodgeBlizzard, Nov 12, 2011.

1. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

I've got a few lots in town that have a two lane with a turning lane included that they push back onto my lot. The only thing that seperates the road to these lots is a concrete curb. And these lots have multiple entrances where the curb is cut out. I would like to mark them somehow. I currently use the thin wire markers (like a little flag) with our name and number at the top. They won't work out front of this lot because they'll bend over with the first road clearing from the city trucks. I was thinking of using wood stakes but don't want to chew away the customers asphalt to get them in plus I don't want someone claiming I did their car damage when they don't see them. Do they make something like a spring loaded marker that I can fasten to the concrete curb with tapcons? The plow always seems to find the edge of these curbs ''right before'' I think they're at. I know I could do the obvious and walk the curb, finding the entrances by hand. But I like to stay inside the warm truck and it sucks having a wet snow and getting slush thrown at you with the passing cars. Any ideas or links to something that would work and hold up to that abuse?
  2. skimastr105

skimastr105 Member

Take a small masonry bit and drill a hole in the curb just large enough to stick a fiberglass stake in. Squirt some silicone (or equivalent) into the hole before inserting the stake to prevent against cracking due to water expansion in the hole.
  3. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I have a similar problem and have been trying to come up with a solution as well. Right now I simply use orange cones to mark where a couple sidewalks extend into the parking lot.