1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

commercial liability insurance companies in NY

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by MowForReal, Sep 23, 2011.

1. MowForReal

MowForReal Junior Member

So, i called a bunch of insurance agents from the yellow pages regarding obtaining an insurance policy for commercial plowing and nobody called me back except for the insurance company that i currently get my residental plowing insurance from. My insurance company quoted that policies start at $10,000.---yikes! Is this price out of line? What companies service the NYC area?
  2. BuffaloSnow11

BuffaloSnow11 Member

i think maybe there was some miscommmunication. when i inquired about plowing insurance, my agent asked me what type of work id be doing, what size lots, etc. He more or less said that if i was getting into like Walmart size lots you need a LOT more insurance. Doing smaller commercial lots are no big deal. im paying 2,800 for commercial vehicle insurance and general liability combined for the whole year. you can do snow only insurance for 6 months but its not worth it to me. better off doing a little work year round if you can and taking the other policy for 12 months. making extra money in the warmer months will help offset costs anyway. I dont see why NYC would be any different in quotes, but the quotes i got are in the buffalo, NY area. i would check back with them and ask more questions. the people you are talking to may be confusing what amount of insurance you have to have for the size work you are doing. if you dont have any luck, i can give you the number for my local agent who negotiates with several companies for me.
  3. ArlingtonLand

ArlingtonLand Junior Member

I have an agent that searches for me. He hooked me up with Utica First
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Try here,this is mine.

Karen P. Fial ACSR
    Client Service Adviser
    Business Insurance

M&T Insurance Agency, Inc
    285 Delaware Ave. | Suite 4000 | Buffalo, NY | 14202
    Office 716.651.4212 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************716.651.4212******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************716.651.4212******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************716.651.4212**716.651.4291
    Toll Free 800.716.83

Tell her Scott from Grandview.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  5. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Have you tried NGM?
  6. crete5245

crete5245 Member

Sounds really high.
    I have only 6 accounts to push snow in the winter and do some concrete work in the summer, as I am a teacher and my insurance for both is just 450.00 a year, So I would check into that price.
  7. C Landscaping

C Landscaping Junior Member

I use farm family 631-277-7770