1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

commercial hourly rate

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dig-it Landscap, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Dig-it Landscap

Dig-it Landscap Member

I posted this question before and didn't get much response. How much should i charge for 1.5 hours of plowing and approx. 1.5 hours of driving round trip.(1 hour driving on dry pavement). Also i will be spreading a little salt in one small area. Material cost $7. i don't know how to price this because i normally charge based on the size of a driveway. Also please take into consideration that my employee will be doing the work with a 4' plow on my atv. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

From what I've seen, most commercial plowers try and average $125 an hour. You're spending over an hour driving TO this client, then another hour and a half pushing snow with an ATV.. Now, while the ATV doesn't necessarily bring in as much as a truck would, you're still tying up a piece of equipment for 2.5 hours.

In my opinion, I'd make it at least $400 per push, that way it'll at least make it worth your while driving all the way out there and running that ATV when your normal ATV driver doesn't show up. An hour and a half of driving time is a LOT to lose during a good storm.

3. Dig-it Landscap

Dig-it Landscap Member

yeah i know that it is alot of time to lose in a storm but i get year round maint. for the business, owner's house, and some good referals from him. if it wasn't for that i wouldn't take it.

4. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

sub it out for $150 and charge $350 :)

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Saving yourself a 45 min drive each way, that would be my advise too.

6. gpin

gpin Senior Member

I agree with the last few posts. You are to far away to effectively service the account, especially in a monster storm. I understand that you value the current work. If you have problems getting to the account you may lose all your work. I do over 100 acres of lots and none of them is further than 15 minutes (less than ten miles) in good weather from my yard. And I still have occasional problems with 2 back up vehicles.

7. rainair

rainair Senior Member

where is it located

where is this located, that would help....you can call me or pm that info..might be able to help ... and yea subbing is ok...let me know :waving: