1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by rocksolidllc, Apr 30, 2009.

1. rocksolidllc

rocksolidllc Junior Member

Guys I already plow smaller associations, however for next winter I want to target accounts like shopping centers. The problem is is that I have no clue how to bid these. I feel that my prices are to low, therefore I must be missing some aspect. and I fear that the management co will not choose me because It will be the low bid. Any advice on bidding. I am not asking for exact numbers, any help will be awesome!!!
  2. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

Bid your plowing by the hour, and offer all services. The mngt. co wants to know that you offer everything. So in the contract have a price list with hourly rates and rates for deicing services. I charge by the hour for plowing, loader, shovel, etc. And by the pound/ton for icemelt, sand, slicer.
  3. rocksolidllc

rocksolidllc Junior Member

Great advice thanks!
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

IF your going to offer all services be able to provide the services. That may mean equipment purchases and or hiring sub contractors.