1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial contracts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Big Ford, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Big Ford

Big Ford Member

I was wondering how you go about trying to get a big commercial contract do they post them or do you just have to go to them all and ask who does your plowing.
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Most of my larger accounts have come from going into the business and talking to the manager. It doesn't always work the first time, so I usually start in June, and go back in every couple weeks, just some them some face time, and let them know your intrested.
  3. ForestEdgeSnow

ForestEdgeSnow Senior Member

I have gotten many contracts by just talking to the manager. A lot of bigger accounts have managment companies that are from out of area so it also helps to get to know who handles the account. If there are other storefronts that are up for lease on the same property that is a good number to call. Also have a pre written letter about your company. The services you offer, years, in business are you a BBB member or SIMA. are also good things to include in your letter. This lets them know you are dealing with professional start early as brc2505 mentioned most of my contracts have been signed since August, Haveing said that I did not have a contarct signed the my first season until november.

4. Big Ford

Big Ford Member

Well that should help, I have been going in and talking to some managers and what not i know its late in they season so i will start sooner next year .i hope maybe i can pick up some more small ones for now.I have a letter that i give out, where do people get signs and whats the best way to put a sign on your truck magnet or vinyl.
  5. Big Ford

Big Ford Member

I think all the big ones are gone all ready.