1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial contract

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by aference1, Dec 10, 2009.

1. aference1

aference1 Junior Member
    from Indiana

I am getting calls to do bids for property maintenece on commercial properties. How do I bid the snow removal? I have alot of residential contracts but I always bill them for the snow removal. For commercial do I just put a hourly charge in the bid or how much to remove snow each time? I cant just add the price to the bid without knowing how much it will snow? Some advice would be great.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  2. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Since no one has replied, I will give you some sage advice my friend.

Use the search function to find threads related to your question. You will find you answers before some of the guys on here beat you up for asking such a broad question.

There are many ways to bid, and I see from this site that sometimes the dominant method in one region may not be the same in another. You need to find out what is used most in your area, and then learn to create your proposals in that form. Learn about the other methods too, because you will be asked to bid different ways eventually.

Once you are comfortable bidding in different ways, sell the one that works and benefits you the most. Sometimes creativity catches a buyers eye too, so don't be afraid to creat a hybrid proposal if it illustrates that you understand the clients needs better than your competition.