1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

commercial contract payment terms?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by PPMnh, Aug 7, 2006.

1. PPMnh

PPMnh Junior Member

what, generally, are the payment terms for commercial lots? ...or does it vary widely by company (also do you set them in the bidding process or do they usually set them)?
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5 times, I bill them the first of each month.
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Most I bill once a month, some I bill every snow fall and the ones that pay cash are also every snowfall. I am the one that sets the terms not the customer.

Regards Mike
  4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I bill about once a week and all bills go out, due upon receipt, but with most commercial I give them 30-35 days then they get a call! You want to get the bills out soomer than once a month though. Why do you want to wait in some cases almost 2 months to get your money? Are your employees, creditors, fuel supplier, materials suppliers all going to wait that long?

Get em out and get paid, or don't bother doing it!!! payup
  5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I like to get atleast 1/2 the money upfront for the season, than I bill monthly after that. The terms are set by me, but if your dealing with a large national chain, they tend to set terms.