1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

commercial bids

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by JET enterprises, Feb 2, 2006.

1. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

this is my first year plowing and im starting out small with 8 residential accounts as of now and next year im hoping to get more residential and some commercial, but i dont know how to get invited to put in bids for commercial plowing, do you guys just go to a business in the fall and say you do plowing and are hoping to put in a bid or are their postings in newspapers where local businesses ask for snow management biding? stuff like that?.. right now i have no idea.. does this question make sense?

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i would say a little of everything works well. keep your ears and eyes open. probably the biggest is word of mouth. just keep getting a little more each year and in 5-10 years you'll have a good customer base. this also gives you time to expand your equiptment.