1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Bidding Help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by pickupman96, Feb 1, 2011.

1. pickupman96

pickupman96 Junior Member

Well this is not my first commercial lot but it is the first time i have ever been asked for a price at snow totals. This is for a 3 year contract and they want a price for 3-6, 6-10, 10-14 and 14+. Also there can be a increase in price over the 3 years. I know the lot is just about .7 acres and would take me about a hour to do so i was thinking 125 for a 3-6 but i have know idea where to go from there. There is also a 550sq ft walk that needs to be shoveled and salted. Here is a pic of the lot. Thanks in advance for all the help

2. greenieboy

greenieboy Junior Member

Is that an Army Reserve Center?...if so, PM me at dan@greentechcny.com I just finished working up a similar bid package, I can help you.
  3. pickupman96

anyone im lost here
  4. pickupman96

ok here is what i came up with. I started by figuring it will take me about a hour at 3-6 so that would be 125+30 to shovel the walk. Then for the rest of the intervals i just multiplied it by 1.5 so 6-10 is 190+40, 10 to 14 is 285+45 and 14+ is 425+50. Am i headed in the right direction or am i way off here.
  5. ramman02

ramman02 Junior Member

hey yea iam doing a lot almost the same here but with six loading docks i got to keep cleaned at all times and my prices are right on with yours.
  6. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Also it looks like there is no where to push the snow? Are you going to plow in all the vehicles?

re you responsible to clear out around all those trucks?
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  7. pickupman96

not sure about the trucks, waiting to hear back from the guy in charge