1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

commercial bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Gr8WhiteNorth, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth Senior Member

I have an interesting bid to work on. Attached is the site map. Buildings are cold storage units and some have been converted for various uses. I don't need to clear any parking spaces, man doors, or OH doors.

What i have to do is the throughfares and roadways only and the two main entrances off the highway. These areas total 8.15 acres.

I have SIMA's #'s for plow trucks of 1 acre per hour without any obstructions (8ft straight blade), but I'm thinking this will be as easy as windrowing away from buildings and parting each roadway to the sides.

Does anyone want to take a stab at how long a F350 with a 9ft V-Plow would take to do this site?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  2. Gr8WhiteNorth

4" snowfall depth
  3. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

a quick 2 minute look id say 2 hours at the most. hard to tell the scale of everything.
  4. Gr8WhiteNorth

I should clarify the roadways total 8.15 acres. Total property and building is much bigger
  5. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Are those gravel roads?? I'm with GSS 2-3 hours max, pretty wide open no worries of having to chase wind rows and pleanty of space to push way past end points because there looks to be no curbs. that loos to be a sweet place to plow. If it is gravel slap some shoes on the blade and go to town. with a ton 9'V you should be able to wip threw that.