1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial Account Bidding

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by CoBuckeye, Sep 3, 2010.

1. CoBuckeye

CoBuckeye Junior Member
    from Denver

So, I was just given the task of trying to figure out bidding for commercial accounts. We are looking to get a handful of accounts for the winter this year if possible. We have 3 skids and 3 trucks which could be outfitted with plows. I would appreciate some help on the best ways to market for this as well as what to charge for commercial accounts. It seems like it should be done hourly, but does the rate change if you use a skid steer vs. truck and plow. Are the rates different than those for residential accounts? What about shoveling rates if we decide to go that route with residential accounts? I appreciate any help you can give me. I understand it is late int he season to start marketing for this winter. Thank you all.