1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial account advertising

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by RLM, Dec 21, 2009.

1. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

How agressive is to agressive ? What do you guys use; direct mail, cold call, yellow pages, drop in sales calls ? I'm looking to increase my density (picking up targeted clients).
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I use the cold call, or drop in sales for myself. But I start in July, not December.
  3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Looking for next season, we're booked for this season. I want things more consolidted & possibly looking at getting out of the HOA's. We started using loaders & pushers. The guys are just pounding out the work (1 acre lot took them 15 minutes), the contractor plowing 2 buildings down was still on the 10K front lot he was on when they arived on site, they we're laughing at him. The larger lots around here (5+ acre) go for cheap, I'd rather do a bunch of 1-3 acre lots in a row.