1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on power scoops?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by icebladez, Dec 2, 2005.

1. icebladez

icebladez Member
    from sask

are they a bonus or a hinderence? Does to much snow get caught in there or what is the deal on them?

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Love Mine, just got them this year. Bought them from John the garagekeeper. Saved 20-30% of plow time. Would I buy them again, yes in a second.

Good Luck Mike

3. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

I would have to say they are a bonus. They help the blade carry a lot of snow, plus they help reduce alot of trailers, no more going back to clean em up. I would buy them again, and Garagekeeper is the guy to get them from.

John

4. icebladez

icebladez Member
    from sask

..but..why oh why spend $350 on them when you could take out a piece of a 45 gal drum(a solid one) and cut two sides to match the plow,weld/bolt on,paint to match and save probably over $200 buckers?

5. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

because not everyone is as handy as that, and not everyone has time to do that.

If someone has a day job that pays $50 an hour, and it'd take them 5 hours to fab something like that up instead of work, they mine as well go to work and make 250 and spend only 100 extra to get the wings.

6. icebladez

icebladez Member
    from sask

no time?..i thought winter was only one season long?..a welding shop could easily have it done in under three..sure seems there'd be those who would do this in a off season..perhaps moi..

7. PremierLand

from detroit

Oh no doubt, I'm sure more than half the guys on this site could fab something up. But some people are also like me and not that handy when it comes to welding. Thus, it might be better to buy something that is more well known, than try to make my own and end up costing me more money in the long run. Because I have done that several times, unfortunately, Know what I mean?

8. icebladez

icebladez Member
    from sask

Know what I mean?
    --
    totally!..i guess the posts say it all,expierence will always edge(just barely), the newbie..i guess i want so badly to enter this snowplow field that i am prepared to make the entire plow out of a 45G drum cut down the middle and welded together with all the brackets and stuff out of junk steel..yes a newbie huh?

9. PremierLand

from detroit

Hey man thats sweet. More power to you if ya do it. Make it look cool, be exactly what you want, and you save yourself a couple bux in the long run. Nothing wrong with that. Let us know how it goes.

10. icebladez

icebladez Member
    from sask

just for you in the land of Premier,Premier..i shall post a pic after it's painted'n'all..some will laugh i suspect..but whats a guy to do that repeadedly has to sit buy an watch fantastic deals flash by on this very site waay over in the U.s. of A..i even have a trick up my sleeve for making it extend/contract for transport/plowing..all trial an error of course