1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

comm sub trying to get started myself help into parking lot bidding????

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Centerrepair, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Centerrepair

Centerrepair Junior Member

Hello I'd first like to say thanks for this great site a lot of info,. I've been plowing for 8 years from state and local town plowing, and as a sub for a very large local paving company. I have a business insurance and plow insurance, as I'm a towing company as well. my question is how to get my foot in the door of my own large parking lot ie a lowes walmart or large stripmll commercial building ext, I have experienced employees and the equipment but don't kno oh to branch myself out there besides working as a sub, evenouthough the paving company pays well by the hour for my loader and plows. I know every one says look up the property owner that's just seems complicated in theses bigger venues, not like knocking on a condos front door. And I have a few questions on pricing per season or by 0-2 2-4 ect push by storm, I know what I was getting as a sub for my machines so I'd expect to add 30% more than I was getting. I'd really appreciate any info since the dates coming down to the wire for bidding and I don't wanna play sub again. Thanks any positive info would really help.