1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Comercial Snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Vaughn Schultz, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Oct 2, 2005
  2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I run a 30 year old Ariens

Ariens has always made a nice machine.I had REALLY BAD luck with my Craftsman(The chute design stinks,always plugging up, they restrict it right out of the impeller) but my thirty year old Ariens blew circles around it.Much better design.The Husky looks like a nice machine also.Depends one what you have for a dealer. Bigger is better as far as horse power. I've had 5h.p,7.5/8hp and have run 11h.p units they get progressively better in handling wet snow and the distance you can throw the snow as the horse power goes up.
  3. Vaughn Schultz

Anyone ran a six horse? good or bad?
    I really should never be moving more than 8 inches of snow
  4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

are you looking for a SMALL snowblower or a real more commercial model? I have a 12hp 1280e Simplicity i used last year, theyre a tad over $2k, the 2006 model actually is a 13HP version with the same 32" width mine is with 12hp. Theyll eat through ice/snow etc like none of them little 6hp/8hp tekumesh junk engines with light frames do. It also weighs 275lbs and is balanced out well and will force its way through packed snow..... Look at their lower end models that are 10hp too if you want to go cheaper. good luck.
  5. Vaughn Schultz

6. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

I run a 13 year old Ariens two stage 24" wide with I think a 5hp. The thing is unstopable. I only use it to do the city sidewalks after the county plows have baried them with about 12"-18". The thing I really like about it is that it is light enough to load and unload by myself over the bed rail.
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The one thing you wll need to consider is getting this thing out of your truck if that is how you are going to transport it. I bought a 826 Toro last year. I bought 7' ramps and load it in a 3500 Dodge. When you take the blower off the truck you are pushing on it trying to stop it from coming down the ramps quickly. So trying to unload a 30" machine might be quite a hand full. The GM's are lower to the ground so this would help but the Fords are also quite high.
  8. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I have a couple ariens and the olny thing I dislike about them is the handles that attach to the frame. They crack on me occasionally. If I had to buy new snow thrower, it would be a simplicity.
  9. MD Power Plow

MD Power Plow Senior Member

I have the 11.5 28" Ariens this is a great blower. The only thing bad is that is very heavy to load, last year I used 2x10pt. and a ramp kit for $40 big waste of time it is very slippery to drive the blower and walk up the ramps, yes after the first time trying to push the 300 lbs blower up the ramps and into my F-350 I now lock in the wheels and let the blower load it self. Oh by the 2nd. storm the pt 2x10s warped, this year I'm going to get the folding alum. ramp.Good luck with your new blower :) :drinkup:
    P.S. get the biger one the hand warmers are nice.