1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

comercial contracts new truck... oh my

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by threeoaks, Sep 16, 2008.

1. threeoaks

threeoaks Junior Member
    from ohio

so i have done landscapeing in this area on and off through highschool and i have an offer from a buddy who i help out is selling his company and moving south. the offer is to buy the snow removal devision of the company equipment...... and all and i was just wondering if i could get some advice on priceing... the deal comes with fifteen shoping center contracts i have alot of people lined up to plow for me whats the going rate for someone useing their truck? i heard around fifty or forty five an hour.... and i was wondering about salt pricing... whats a decent price for bag salt or bulk salt? storage is not an issue i have a large farm and acess to many barns.

the trucks are 06 dode hemi reg cabs with western poly straight plows anybody kno how that truck will hold up plowing?

thank you for any advise in advance.

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Do you have any plowing experience? No offense, but 15 shopping centres may be alot more than you can chew to start. Why is he selling/moving? Plow truck sub rates will vary, anywhere between $55-$95, it all depends on who/what and where. IMO, Dodge sucks, and so do straight blades.

3. threeoaks

threeoaks Junior Member
    from ohio

i have three years experience workin for him and one other landscape slash snowremoval company. and i know its alot to take on the companys manager is working through the plow season... im workin on finding some used v blades

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Where to start..lol

You have the contracts? What do they pay?
    What equipment are we talking about?
    Investment
    Pay back on investment.
    The cost of credit, if you need a loan.
    Are you hiring plow or equipment operators or are you hiring contractors to do the work with their equipment?