1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Colvin's Property Services Equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ColvinsPS, Dec 27, 2010.

1. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

Well i forsee this growing over time but for now i thought i would show off my main piece of equipment. I bought this truck this summer and have put a decent amount of money into it to make it work for me.

Last night was my first shake down run with this truck and it was doing pretty good until i pushed up to a curb and bumped it while angled and i blew my pass cylinder line up by the pump. It was taking me a while to get used to the truck and then to get used to doing the banks i was doing. I am used to open lots rather than tighter ones with shorter pushes and a lot of perimeter cleanup so i am working on getting the best pattern down to be efficient.

Truck is a 95 F350, 7.3 diesel, 4x4, dually, with a 8 foot dump body on it. The door sticker says its a canadian truck. 11k GVW. Plow is an 8ft Fisher Minute mount with a sno foil and insta act pump.

On to the pics!

f350 1.jpg

f350 2.jpg
  2. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

looks good! good luck this season
  3. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Nice looking plow.
  4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice rig you have there, good luck this year
  5. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

Thanks! I appreciate it! I will try to get some action pics too if it ever snows any more here.
  6. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

great looking truck. I have a 93 f350 and 88 450(both 4x4s) and love how well they plow snow.
  7. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

yeah plows good... at least in the little snow we got the other day. Can't wait for more to try it in.
    Went outside today to find a flat driver side front tire. I think the valve stem is the culprit although the rim has some dents in it. It scared me enough to go to the junkyard and get a spare rim.
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Truck needs a bigger plow!!! Its terrible that i think that body style Ford looks real B/A and is sweet with the 7.3 because i would be completely disowned if i ever had one LOL nice truck!
  9. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I love those year trucks, up to 97. Going to looking for the exact samething at the end of this plowing season...that is if it snows.:eek:
  10. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

if it doesn't snow i might be able to tell you where to look! haha Just kidding.... sort of!
  11. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

I wanted to put a 9 footer on but went with an 8 so i can do some driveways too. If i was working for myself and doing per push i would get some wings and put on but since i'm subbing hourly i keep it at 8 for now.
  12. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

I'd keep that statement away from the boss. He'll think your milking him.

Also, I would think about talking to the boss and see what they think about you getting wings/bigger plow. Maybe you can get an increased hourly rate, and everbody is happy.:drinkup:
  13. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

thats true... good point.

Actually he has the same plow but has wings setup. For the banks that i am doing for him they pull the wings off since it is tighter. I think the wings come more into play in the larger lots.

All joking aside.. i would like to get wings eventually because my understanding i they help immensely with trail off and that is a problem with this plow and my truck. Really this weekend was the maiden voyage for this thing and i wanted to see how it did.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  14. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

So after the snow yesterday i am really wishing i had some wings. I hate the trail my plow leave when it gets a pile in front of it on long stretches. Also it is a dually and it doesn't clear well when turning.
    Truck did great though. I just need to wire up my reverse lights better so they don't keep blowing the fuse after 5 minutes.
  15. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck! You could trade for a 9' plow. That may work. Sometimes homeowners buy to big of plows and will trade for an 8'. Do a little research and see what you can come up with. Good luck this winter!
  16. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

That's really nice truck, I love the 1990-to 1997 f350 and I am a flatbed fan.
  17. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

I'd love to go to a 9footer but for some of the driveways i do i can't go that big comfortably. That is why i would consider wings for now. Ideally someday I'd like to have a boss 9'2 vxt but it'l take a lot more snows for that to happen.
  18. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

truck looks really nice! best of luck with it!
  19. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

Thanks and Nice jeep! Good luck to you as well!

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

nice...goodluck this year