1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Columbus, Ohio Bagged Salt?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Young Pup, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Who has it? A lot of places are now out of it. A couple of guys need it that I know. Told them I would put out an sos for this.

Thanks,

JP

2. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Have some down here $170.00 for a skid #50 ers 49 bags. Hey you can get your camera back too LOL>
    JOSH

3. Young Pup

I told them I bet Cincy might have have some. Then I told them I could have them get my camera for me too. Any phone number for them? Thanks.

JP

4. WALKERS

Gateway told me about it Southwest Landmark (513)877-2121 They mat have a store or buisness closer to you.
    JOSH

5. Young Pup

Josh,

Thanks. I will call him with the number. Had a couple of phone calls to do driveways so I had to go.

JP

6. LawnSmith

LawnSmith Member

hello, im in louisville and am having a hard time finding salt as well. where exactly in cinci is it for $170.00/skid?

i will travel with a truck and trailer to get as much as i can. if its running low there as well, i need to get at least 2 skids but i will take what i can get. any and all help is much appreciated, thank you.

7. rider

rider Junior Member
    from ohio

one truckload coming in to Lesco Plain City next week , 614-504-9000

8. WALKERS

Lawn Smith
    Sorry to get back so late to you still need it? Call me (513) 305 5296\
    JOSH

9. Young Pup

Thanks. I will pass that along to them. This is off of 161and 33, right? The way the temps are looking it might not be needed though.

10. Young Pup

Josh,

I did speak to them and they gave me a couple of places closer to us. I past all the info along to them. Thanks for the help.

JP

11. LawnSmith

LawnSmith Member

i called a southwest landmark place today and they told me they were like an hour from cinci, i think east maybe.

anyway, said they have 2 full skids of 80lb bags and want to move it pretty bad. is this the same place that would be closest to me? ive never messed with 80lb bags of salt, but i have messed with concrete in 80lbers and its not fun.

how many on a skid of 80lbers? about 30 or so?

i asked them to hold these for me until friday unless there is a place closer to me that you guys know of with prices that arent through the roof. heck, im already losing money by making the trip up there but i have family that lives in MarieMont, so maybe i can swing by and see them.

12. WALKERS

LAWN
    What city did they say there is a few of them up here.Call if need be. 513 305 5296.
    JOSH

13. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

yeah there are 30 80lb'ers on a pallet, 2400lbs. Andersons on Sawmill in columbus have 2 full skids of 50's

14. Young Pup

I was actually up there today. Looking around for a new Carhart Jacket.Some bags when I first walked in but did not pay to much attention to it. I even looked at the snow brushes. I broke my other and have it rigged with wire ties right now. lol

15. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

yeah they do have a bunch of carhartt goods. tsc usually has the best deals on the jackets. Those pallets of salt are in the back you gotta go to the automotive sec. and tell guy in the back that you wanna buy some pallets he'll write you up an invoice