1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Colorado Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Weather' started by MileHigh, Sep 22, 2009.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

CURRENT ALERTS--
    A WINTER STORM WARNING is in effect for the front range, foothills, and mountains east of the Continental Divide starting Tuesday night through Wednesday. 6 to 12 inches of snow will be possible by Wednesday afternoon. A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY is in effect for Elbert County above 6,000 feet. A rain/snow mix is also possible in the metro area on Wednesday morning. Check the Weather Alerts page for the latest weather watches and warnings.

Dang....haven't even serviced the plows yet.

My parking garages in the foothills might get some accumulation outta this.

Funny thing is...I just got done cutting a bunch of grass, and havent even blow out one irrigation system as of yet.

2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Same thing with me. I still have a full blown landscape install to do as well as a few other odds and ends. Local weather says Monument Hill is only supposed to get 1-3" so I might get lucky. I wonder if I can even pick up ice melt anywhere yet?

NOAA says we will be back in the 70's on Sunday and will stay warm for at least a few days.

I just checked the weather again and they are now saying 1-3" tonight and 3-7" tomorrow. I think the ground is still too warm to have much of anything stick though.

I love Colorado! A foot of snow today and suntan tomorrow!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  3. MileHigh

That's right...your plow monument hill.

You always get pounded.

I'll bet you get accumulation.

4. cold_and_tired

Well, the forecasters are off to a really piss poor start. We got nothing in my area.

5. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

Forcast says 2" of the white stuff for Golden. With chances for more snow Sat. and Sun. I hope it comes.

6. cold_and_tired

I love the weather here! They are saying about 1/2" for me but we are supposed to be in the mid to upper 60's on Tuesday.

I know we will get hit by the end of the month but I still have some fences to put up and a shop to organize. Guess I better get going!

7. MileHigh

Bring it...

8. MileHigh

Plowed my first inch of snow for the season this morning.

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

congrats man:drinkup:

10. cold_and_tired

We didnt get anything but ice in Monument. I did get to put some ice melt down on my driveway though.

11. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

I did'nt get to plow. We got about a 1/4". But I did get to spread some icemelt and do some sanding. Just happy to do any snow work. payup:drinkup:

12. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

Forecast is calling for snow. 2"-4" of the snow expected for the Denver metro area. Up to 10" is expected for the west and south areas of the front range. I think the 9news accumulation numbers are high. When I checked theweatherchannel.com and weatherunderground.com they are calling for just a couple inches. We are going the need the temp. to fall more because right now it is still in the low 40's. Anyway, LET IT SNOW!:drinkup::bluebounc:drinkup::bluebounc

13. MileHigh

I think ground temps are a little high for all my accounts to hit...but my parking garages is a different story.

Cold and Tired should get hit real good.

14. cold_and_tired

NOAA is saying 3-5" for me tonight and 2-4" tomorrow. I think the ground is way too warm for anything more than about an inch of accumulation. I sure hope I'm wrong though.

Check this out:

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

It looks like a big Albuquerque low. Some of our biggest storms have come from systems like this.

15. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

Boy that looks like a lot of moisture is coming our way. The ground may be warm but if it dumps in a short amount of time, we will be plowing. I remember a couple years ago in October. It was 70 out during the day and by midnight there was 7" on the ground. Anything can happen. I'm plowed up and ready to go. So you know what that means? No snow, just rain. Anyway, if it snows? Lets make some F#kn dough.payup

16. cold_and_tired

I just went out and wrestled the spreader on and hooked the plow up. No snow tonight men.

17. MileHigh

All about that payup

tell me about it...

I saw so many plow trucks out getting ready today...gonna scare it away.

No...I'm not superstitious like that at all.

18. MileHigh

Nothing stuck for me at all...:eek:

19. cold_and_tired

oh man, we got hit!! We picked up about 6". I forgot how tiring plowing all day is.

I do have a lot to learn with my new spreader though.

20. MileHigh

Nice man....payup

Should be another one coming in a week or so they say.