1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Colorado storm?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by 06HD BOSS, Oct 25, 2006.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Whats up with it guys? I hear you guys in Colorado and the eastern plains are gonna get hit pretty hard. Theyre saying 6-18" depending on the elevation?
    Just curious if you guys are getting geared up

2. Rampart Ranger

Rampart Ranger Senior Member

Forecast 18" my area. I will have to sit this one out - plow backordered. My old CDOT crew is fired up - but I retired this year. At least I won't get a call @ 0 dark thirty.

When I first moved up on the hill seemed like we would get a foot if we got an inch - twice a week - from Nov thru mid Mar.

From mid Mar thru April it would really snow. One really good spring we got 12 ft.

3. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Downgraded to 8"-12" tonight and 5"-9" tomorrow. IH is chained and waiting, blade is on the Ram if I have issued with the IH. Just not looking foreward to getting up at 4AM to plow and be to work by 8AM. But so goes life at 9000'.

4. Rampart Ranger

Rampart Ranger Senior Member

Oct 26, 9:00am

Started snowing @ 3am.

At 9am fed horses, shoveled deck - 16" and still coming at better than an inch an hour. Now the wind!

Wish I had started earlier looking for a plow, could likely pay for half or better of it from this one blow.:nono:

Lesson learned!