1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Colorado is getting POUNDED!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chtucker, Mar 18, 2003.

1. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Frisco, Colorado anywheres between 3-5 feet (Go Plowbabe!)

Evergreen, Colorado 2 feet on the ground and 2-4 more on the way.

Leadville 1-2 feet...(Me:D )

It ain't over to the lady sings..... I don't know what I would do in Evergreen, some of the roads are 10-17% dirt roads! My friend is planning to be stuck at home until Monday.

2. SnoFoilFisher21

SnoFoilFisher21 Member

sounds cool!!

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Hope you got warmed up and got the dry boots on before going out to play again.

Hope Karen sends us some picts of that Boss on the skidder. This should be a good work out for her in the storm.

Keep the plow down and the snow flying.

Wish I could be there to play.

4. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

That's great news to hear. Aren't you guys in Colorado really low on water supply still. Don't you still need like 8 more feet of snow? That should help out a little :D Have fun plowing. Surprisingly, I'm starting cleanups next week:eek:
  5. long0

long0 Senior Member

Eastern Storm

I'm glad you guys are getting pounded, we don't have squat over here. There was about 6" on the ground at 4:00am in Aspen this morning, but it was all melted by 9:00am. Its been snowing on and off all day, but has not accumlucated to anything.

I saw on the news tonight that Metro Denver is shut down. The power is out to almost 10,000 people. Schools, malls, roads, everthing is closed.

The latest I heard was that the snowpack was 83% average, and we need to be at 140% to recover from last years drought, this should help, but I can't see almost doubling our snowfall in a couple days period. We can all hope though.

6. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

wow i wish that i could have that much snow here at once!! its all over here though i think
  7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I've been thinking about you Howard.

What I want to know is how you have time to post???
  8. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

could you send some my way all of our pennies from heaven are melting now we have flooded roads and basements lol
  9. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

You've got to rememeber that my lunch stop is my internet connection (Brewpub);)

So far so good. I just wish I had one of those loader mounted blowers for the 6-7 foot areas in the foothills, I could make a killing.

10. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I've got my 248 with blower ready to go! As a bonus, I'll throw the old Bobcat on the tail!;)
  11. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

good luck and be careful colorado boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
  12. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

If you have time to stop for lunch you're not working hard enough.... :)
  13. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Just herd on the news that Denver "proper" has gotten 2' of snow, to the west of Denver up to 6' and drifts as high as 12'.

Is that pretty close to correct Colorado plowers???

Good Luck and stay safe!

14. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Hope that link works.

I am missing the brunt of the storm. 6-8" max in Leadville. Those about 40-50 miles east are the ones getting 5-8.5 feet.

My recollections of Buffalo are that it is RELATIVELY flat. Through in some 10% grade dirt roads that have had the sun shining on them last week with temps in the 60s and it is going to be a mess to clean up. I have a friend who is claiming 5' already at his house! (Poor soul doesn't have a plow guy:( ) I will be venturing down that way on Thursday to dig him out with the skid steer.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2003
  15. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

Southern WY is shut down too. All roads closed and the state and county are making little effort to plow them. I have drifts 3 to 4+ feet deep at my place. My truck is stuck right in front of my house and at this point there is little point in attempting to dig out. There is no where to go any way. Every thing is closed any way. I 80 is closed for most of the state and there is talk of it being closed for several more days.
  16. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

My sister-in-law was in Wyoming for work last week, heading home Tuesday and rolled her Jeep (she admitted, going too fast). She was fine, but ended up being stuck in a motel until Thursday because the roads were closed.

The local TV and radio always inflate the snow forecasts for the ski areas (We are convinced they get a kickback - you should hear some of the reports they give.) So, anyway, we get our weather forecasts from the Summit County Rescue Group's Avalanche Hotline. They are usually pretty accurate, but when we heard the forecast for four to eight feet of snow on the east side of the divide, we couldn't help thinking "Yeah, right . . . ." But sure enough!!!
  17. GeeMC

GeeMC Member

Denver Happy Hour...My kind of Place!! :drinkup:

18. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I guess you don't read the Off Topic Forum much.....