1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Colorado Fun

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by timsjeep, Mar 20, 2003.

1. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Colorado Fun (pics)

Well, back from 18 hours plowing. Mostly drifts, 6 to 15 feet tall. I drove through one today that felt like a surfer diving under a wave. It was at least 4 feet over the top of the cab. 35" of snow overnight makes for a tough plow. Luckly, I had no mech. problems. Our quad was great for pulling out the truck when I got stuck. that little thing is worth every penny. Needed chains on all four to get the job done. This was one wet snow. We needed the moisture so bad. I hope all you Colorado guys had a good day like I did. Love the feel of the wallet getting heavy.

dave drift.jpg

Last edited: Mar 20, 2003
  2. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Another

drift.jpg

3. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Chaining up

chaining up.jpg

4. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Big Drifts

monument lot big drift.jpg

5. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

6. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Having fun

am stor plowing.jpg

7. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Trying to find a place for it all!

stacking.jpg

8. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

tim taking me back in time

Tim nice pics i was stationed in fort carson back in 82 some of the backgrounds look familar how near fort carson do you operate? that storage unit looks like the on just off base hows platt ave use to have a good time down that strip, and i think the other road was nevda ave i think anyway nice pics
    fred

9. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pics.

What is the four wheeler doing in the bed of plow truck? :confused:

10. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Looks like it has a plow on it too. Sidewalks probably.

11. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Yeah, we do sidewalks and smaller drives with it and use it to clean up small spilles from the truck. It makes for great ballast when the snow is really deep. 800 pounds helps alot. Tim

12. HerkFE

HerkFE Member

WOW!!

I have been hearing the reports of the snow you guys are getting. Seeing the pictures really puts it in perspective!

Good luck!!

Pete

13. danamac

danamac Junior Member

Tim is that the King Soopers on Baptist Rd? I live 2 minutes from there and saw the 15 foot drift in front today. This storm was awesome.

14. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Awesome picts:eek: Its nice to see, when its 50 and 60 here.

15. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

It sure is. We spent 4 hours on Baptist road. Its been many years since I have seen that much snow.

So much snow = lots of cash = New Dodge Cummins today :)

Just picked it up. 2000 2500 EC Short box Cummins. Its getting a new 7.5 Western tomorrow. Cant wait.

16. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

Tim,

I see you too have a storage place......

I have one here locally, but do you ever feel like the lot tripled in size and you will never get done.... or maybe it was just starting a 20+ building lot after 18 hours or so... that is just seemed so long....

Pete

17. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

I hate my storage places. I have two and hate both. The alleys are so steep and banked that my plow edge takes a beating. I dont have any good places to put the snow. It has lots of tight corners that my truck can't make. I just don't like them. They also don't pay enough. I am droping both next year.

18. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

I also have a storage place, and can't stand it as well. The only thing that was alright about it was they did not care when it got done, it was not tops on the list. I will be dropping them for next year. They also filed for foreclosure, still waiting for them to pay us. We have been told that we will be paid, just don't know when the money will come in.

John

19. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Hey Tim, you just mentioned you got a Dodge Cummins. Instead of the 7 1/2', put an 8 1/2 or 9 ft plow on that thing. I think it would be moree efficent with the bigger plow cause you got the diesel. Maybe even a V-plow. I know John Dimartino has that 9' Boss V-plow on his 2500 Cummins. Just a thought. :p

20. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

jbutch, it sounds like you better put a lien against them to insure payment. Once the assets are in a judges hands, you'll have no recourse if you paperwork isn't filed.