1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Colo Mtn snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by szorno, Mar 21, 2003.

1. szorno

szorno Senior Member

This taken in Conifer on Wed 10 am
    finall tally 60 to 90 inches in the area.
    65 inches on this bank parking lot
    Can't do much with a truck. Like plowing cookie dough. gotta get my buddies loader in the morning. More pics to follow.

conifer 1.jpg.jpg

2. szorno

szorno Senior Member

another pic of the same bank buried in conifer

conifer2.jpg.jpg

3. szorno

szorno Senior Member

this is the shopping center across the hiway from the bank. Can't tell there is a Safeway store hidden on the far right...
    Thursday night they have about 50% of the lot cleared. I feel sorry for those guys. My businesses are closed. Safeway is 24 hr.

The mountain 2 mi behind here got 90 inches on top ! Too much of a good thing...:(

conifer3.jpg.jpg

4. porkhead1

porkhead1 Member

Oh my gosh....!!!! I can't imagine trying to plow 60" of snow.....let alone that much wet snow. I just wonder how much would have fallin had it not been so wet. :eek: :eek:

Did you even try to plow some of that with your truck....????

I've seen 18-22" from a single snow fall, but not 60+....

Good luck to ya........:waving:

5. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

How can you plow 65 inches of snow!! We had problems with 2 feet around here. I mean that snow is as tall as your truck if not taller and at least up to the second floor/roof on some of those buildings. You must be making great money.

6. andersen

andersen Junior Member
    from midwest

My mom lives in Estes CO and got 50" total. 3 miles from her 96" at bear lake. The worry now is flooding in the canyon once it begins to melt.

7. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Going to add some that I found..

kirsten_frontdoor3_med.jpg

8. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

another

lost_jeep.jpg

9. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

another

7.jpg

10. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

another.... OH and for those of you who like who video, I have a friend digitaly recording the snow removal efforts, INCLUDING the grader getting stuck!

9.jpg

11. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Here is a pic of the stack afterward at the bank. We couldn't plow 65 inches, we had to get a big loader with a 4 yard bucket. Cleanup by bocat loader teamed with a truck. We got 40 inches at our house. Settled to about 30. Were able to plow short driveways with my dually chained up. Still did parking lots with a backhoe.

bank lot.jpg.jpg

12. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Here is my Dually that I used to fight the Blizzard of '03...

dually.jpg.jpg

13. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Scot looks like an interesting storm to have to deal with. Ill stick to the 2 to 3 foot blizzard that we had in the Northeast though thats plenty for me ;)

Jay

14. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

We are just on the other side of the Continental Divide from all this snow. We only got 2 feet, but are not complaining!!! We plowed Tuesday - Friday. Thursday and Friday were pretty much just cleanup and push back, and slush control because it got really warm. It was a trial trying to keep our commercial accounts cleared because the parking lots were full of cars from all the people who were stuck here since I-70 was closed from 5:30 PM Tuesday through 6 AM Friday. We had to just keep going back to try to get where cars had been before someone else came and parked there. The Silverthorne rec center was opened up for people to sleep at. To make things worse, this is spring break, so there are tons of people here! We drove down to Denver on Saturday just to look at the snow (yes we are easily entertained), and even though it had melted down some, it was still really deep!!! There was one avalanche that had crossed all four lanes of I-70. I think the state should make an official Hug Your Snow Professional Day to thank everyone who has helped to clean up after this storm! We were thinking about you all week and being thankful that we just had two feet to plow instead of five or more. And just to confirm for everyone from out of state, this was no exaggeration - they really did get that much snow. At least they should not have a problem figuring out where to stack the snow - they can just haul it to the empty reservoirs and dump it in! We hope this will help out the drought situation for all the landscapers in Denver. And you can go make some more money cleaning up all the broken trees after you get the snow cleaned up! We drove down one side street in Lakewood and every yard had broken trees - what a mess!