1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Colligan Landscaping Storm Video

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ColliganLands, Jan 11, 2009.

1. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

Here is My First Video of the Season
    Enjoy it!!
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oYwUptqM_yI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oYwUptqM_yI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

awesome vid man keep em coming and hey let me know about that dash light

3. ColliganLands

thanks and ill try to keep em coming but eventually it will get boring seeing the same thing over and over lol
    ill let you know on the light as well

4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Great vid, i always wanted to kno how it felt to plow roads.

Good job man!:drinkup:

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Awesome video

6. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Nice Video. How do you like plowing streets for the city? I always think about when I add a larger dump truck, putting it on with mass highway. Probibly a little less stressful not having to deal with customers bi*ching about whatever.

7. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Nice Vid!!

How many hours did you guys get in in Wrentham today?

I got about 7 hours in with my town today. Called in at about 3:30. Actually left the DPW about 4:30. Home by noon. After that, just the spreaders were still out.

Ken

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Kyle, sweet! I see the lights and foil are a working out well. Now, if that was my rig, I would be getting masive over spray.

9. ColliganLands

Thanks! Plowing roads is awesome now that im used to the route and know where the "obstacles" are you cna see one when we go byt the red for sale sign on the right side oft he truck then the whole thing shakes thats a lovely manhole cover thats 3 inches above pavement

I love plowing for them so much easier and stress free. we do the streets and the town lots so it also gives me pracitce/experience in lots for when i expand to 2 trucks. i think im going to keep 1 truck with them as long as theyll let me.

Thank you!

Ken,
    Thank you!
    i got in 8.5 hours. we got called in @4:30 and i left there @12:00

Thanks!
    the lights are awesome now i can see everything so i dont ram into it like the first 2 storms, the foil helps with that and makes the snow really fly! lol
    I put on HeatFlex heated wiper blades too which really help get rid of anything that does get on the windshield i never had to get out and clear the windshield once the whole storm

10. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

i think i would ask to go down the middle, and let him do the side of the road, that way if you take out a mailbox, or hit something, you don't have to pay, or do they cover that anyways. Plus there is less junk likely to be in the middle of the road compared to the side.

11. ColliganLands

they pay for mailboxes
    i kind of prefer the side since theres no manhole covers there
    we switch off but all the shots i took were on the sides

12. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That looks pretty sweet. I think I'm going to call our county next year and see if I can bid on some stuff.

13. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

sick video man! this storm was the first that i ran a tandem with another guy while plowing the city streets here. it worked well a lot quicker then doing streets by myself.

14. ColliganLands

yea i like it i was by myself once for a few hours when his truck went down
    i like this way better. 1 easier/quicker. 2 safer you can look out for each other
    thanks for the comments on the video

15. dlnimsy

dlnimsy Senior Member

Great video.
    If i can learn how to post one i'll put one up. where did you get get the heated wipers?

16. ColliganLands

google search for heatflex wipers
    i forget the name of the website
    they can be hardwired to a switch or just plugged right into a power outlet
    work awesome
    for the video.. i just upload it to youtube or something like that and then use the embed code they give you copy paste it to here and youre done
    use windows movie maker or similar program to add effects/titles,credits/music

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  17. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Sweet vid....what program do you use for editing you vids?

18. ColliganLands

thanks..
    i just use windows movie maker since it came with my computer and im too cheap to buy a good program

19. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Tim, it feels $RICH payup to plow roads for the municipality!!! lol

- Coligan, what did the town do before you got into plowing? Did they just take longer with only one truck?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  20. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

nice choice of music AC/DC Black Ice! nice!

Dan