1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cold

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dlcs, Feb 2, 2007.

1. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Getting pretty damn cold here in the midwest this weekend and early next week. Monday is suppose to be only -1 for the high, with 30 mph winds.:eek: Bundle up fellas, coldest weather that we have seen in years is coming. We are paying for all that nice weather in December now.

2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

only minus 1?
    it was minus 18 here this morning "officially"
    it was probably colder out in the boonies.

3. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I don't care if we get the cold weather. Just bring some snow in with it.If it is going to be cold then let it snow.

4. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

SURE HOPE WE DON'T GET A SALTING EVENT. AT THESE TEMPS, THE SALT IS ALMOST INEFECTIVE. SURE WISH SAND WASN'T OUTLAWED IN THESE PARTS.:cry:

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I heard they were talking about canceling school because of all the people afraid of a bit of cold weather. Who knows, i dont care, its winter its supposed to be cold

6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Why is sand outlawed?
    what did it do?

7. Northland

Northland Senior Member

I heard it shot a man in Reno.....Just to watch him die....

8. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

The city doesn't want the costs in clean up. Generally around here the temps never fall lower than the teens for daytime highs, where salt is very effective. I guess it dosn't help that the city of Windsor sits on a salt mine. I'm sure many of you have used Windsor Salt (yellow and black bags). Well keep those trucks pluged in and pray your batteries are good, talking for snow the next few days. C-1 or maybe a 1-3.

Keep warm
    DAFF

9. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

LMAO, your funny

10. Rampart Ranger

Rampart Ranger Senior Member

-1?

Bubba, we have had -20F four of the last seven. AND I am sure it is worse towards Montana and Alberta.

You got "Global Warming"!:dizzy:

11. RickyGasser

RickyGasser Member

cold here too

It's been cold here too. Highs around -15 celsius. Warm yesterday with a high at 0 but -25 on monday. It's only Global warming when temps are ABOVE frezzing so they can prove their point. But, we'd better not get started on the tree-huggers...

12. greenjack

greenjack Junior Member
    from MI

Do you guys use dry gas when it gets this cold so the gas lines wont freeze?