1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cold+diesel = Gell

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DAFFMOBILEWASH, Feb 4, 2007.

1. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

One of my drivers just Miked me with a stall out on the side of the road. At what temperature does diesel start turing to gell. Never had an issue before this with stalling out. Had the truck pluged in at his home, had a call for same slippery contditions and went out. After warming up for a few min he headed out and the truck died on the side of the road 50feet from the end of his driveway.:cry:

I know I should of put some conditioner in the fuel, to prevent freeze ups. If you read this and havent done so do it before it's too late.

DAFF

On the bright side, the wind chill is -22'F:bluebounc this is me trying to keep warm!!

2. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

He might just need a new fuel filter. You could buy some Power Service & pour it in to be safe too.

3. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

I would say new filter might help. I had the same problem back in early Dec. It would start until I got on it and as soon as it would shift into 2nd it would die. I changed the fuel filter, oil, oil filter and haven't had a problem since. It was -9 here tonight and I didn't have my truck pluged in all day, it started right up.

4. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

EZ Fix, ran over a drift and pulled a wire off the lift pump. Crauled under the truck because I couldn't hear the lift pump when the key was in the run position. Re attached the wire and started right up. Zipped tied the wires to the pump to prevent future issues.

Checked the filter and replaced, added fuel conditioner for piece of mind. Thanks for your help.xysport

DAFF