1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cold calls

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RhinoL&L, Jul 19, 2007.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

i am looking to get some commercial accoutns for this winter. I want small to medium businesses. what is the best way to approch the business. Also i have heard some people talking about cold calls. what exactly are those?
    thanks
    Shawn

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

cold calling is when you call someone out of the blue and try to sell them something. a warm call is when you know someone in a company and they tell the person you need to talk to that you will be calling....

Cold calling sucks but it can really pay off. I would write up a little letter and send them out to property management co.s

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I did cold calling a different way.
    I would send out a proposal to places I wanted to plow and sent them in florescence colored envelopes then call back in a few days to see if they received the estimate and go from there.

4. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

I do what I call a cold contact letter. I drive around in the fall and drop them off on peoples doors or hand them in person. I try to hit people that have just moved to town. I welcome them to town, give them a brief backround on my self, let them know that there are several reputable guys in town that plow, and a bunch that are not, but I would like their business.