1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cold Boss DXT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RSE, Jan 4, 2015.

1. RSE

RSE Member

Last night was the first time in over a month my DXT was mounted and used. Upon installation, I had to move all the cylinders in and out via remote control. Every one of them was sluggish and slow as I moved them, taxing the electrical system as well. After about 5 minutes and checking an ok fluid level, things started working in proper speed. Any thoughts as to how/why this may have happened? Any input would be most helpful.
    Just to eliminate:
    1. Plow was stored inside and level
    2. Fluid level was low but 2 teaspoons later it was full
    3. Plow is only 1 year old

2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

What was the temp out? Boss fluid or atf? I could see if it was super cold and fluid was slightly low it might suck some air if the fluid didn't flow in the tank but that's unlikely.

3. RSE

RSE Member

Thanks Djag...Temp outside was in the teens and I only use Boss factory fluid. Again, it was a teensy bit low and topped off. It seemed as if it had to "warm up". Pump was whining loud too. This morning it worked just fine at about 30* outside. Maybe from sitting 30+ days? Didn't do it after storage this year (6 months). Is there a filter that could use some attention?