1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cold air coming in my Gmc 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Big shot, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Big shot

Big shot Junior Member

:eek: My 01 Gmc 2500 HD when it's cold and the heat is on. The driverside is very hot and the passenger side has cold air rushing in? The passenger freezes. I don't see any holes in the fire wall.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2004
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

My guess is someone pulled the firewall plug and thats where your cold air is coming from.

3. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Is the GMC a model that has dual climate controls? Meaning can you control the temperature on the driver side and the pass. side seperately? They (GM) put this in some of their "fancier" models. If so in your case, maybe the switch is broke that controls the pass. side setting.
  4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

The seal in your heat exchanger box on pass. side is probably out of place. That happens with GM's

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

my friends 2001 does this also i always freez when i ride with him there is a bullitein for it and he had it redone but it still leaks cold air!my 2003 doesn't do it though.
  6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Fsuperduty,that odd because my 2001 3/4 HD will run you out of the cab,most of the time I have the blower on speed 1 and heat control about half way. Something is wrong with his truck.