1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Coils

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by TEX, Jan 31, 2008.

1. TEX

TEX Senior Member

anyone have any input on where i can get some upgraded heavy-er duty coils for my 06 dodge CTD? like the ones 06slvrctd got for his. dosent have to be the dodge brand i guess.

just wondering if anyone has a good hook up on a set or knows about something i dont.

im sure the shiping will be a TON but we will see.

the ones from the local dodge are $129 ea just for price range.

thanks

2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Is the spring rate of 5000lb for one spring or the pair?
    That seams a little extreme?

A progressive spring is going to give you a better ride when the plow is off compared to coils that have a linear/constant spring rate.

Hear is the spring rates for the Dodge springs you can get at your dealer.

The only thing that is different is the part#'s might be different but the parts guy can figure it out for you.

Just something to think about.
    Replace your tired springs and add some timbrens.
    jmo?>

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  4. TEX

TEX Senior Member

i did look at the super coils, but im not wanting that much lift. 2 1/2" is a good bit. heck a regular 2" leveling kit makes a good diff.

thanks for the info guys.

the supercoils would be great if it didnt give so much lift.

i looked at the infinant(sp) rate coils but thats big money im more in the 250 max range for $$$ ust cant see spending $600 for springs/coils

i did look at the Lorenz 23% over but they are $400 well see what happens i guess.