1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Coils or leveling kit 2006

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ajordan193, Dec 4, 2009.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Here's my situation...My truck (06 F250 6.0) sags bad holding my 8.6 Xtreme v. I ordered a set of 6500lb front coils from the dealer and they only have one in. It has now been over a month and they can not seem to get another coil in stock nor does other dealers have them in stock. I didn't want to go with the 7k coils because I'm afraid the ride will suffer. What would you do.....6k, 7k coils or leveling kit? Suggestions...

2. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

I just added air springs on my coils for my plow, 5200lbs front coil and blade is about 760lbs vs yours at 876lbs, I had no sag prior, but springs are nice for the bouncing on our lovely paved roads :)

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=90089#6 4th pic

3. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

i would personally go with coils. Leveling kits dont aid in adding strength to your coils. All they pretty much do is raise the front up alittle bit, but thats it.

4. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

i just put 6000lb coils(had 5200) on my 06 f250 with a western wideout and it made a great difference. You can notice it as soon as you raise the plow up and it dont sag like it did before

5. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

Just trade in for an 08 or 09 F250 or F350.;) 6000 GFAWR on those.

6. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

LOL. 6k on the 99-07's too pop, depending on how they're odered.

I'd go with 6k coils and air bags. The 'bags are only $77 for your truck and worth every penny! I've had my 05 set up the same way for 4 years now and I love it!

7. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Where on the tag does it give the front coil code? Where is the best place to order the air bags from? Thanks

8. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

We have 6k's on our 09 f-350 and it still sags with a 8.5 boss. I would go with 6k springs and then a leveling kit.
    Robert

9. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

Just leave it. It's a plow truck, it's gonna sag when you put a plow on the front. If you want to get rid of the sag, pull out your springs and weld the axle to the frame. No more sag.

10. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

the coil code will be on the driver sides door.. it will say fwgr.

11. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

i have a set of 6500lb coils if you want em. sent you a pm.

12. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

I swapped for 6k's on my 05 considerable difference, the ride does suffer a little bit,,,but worth it,,,,swapping out the horse-shat continental tires,,,instantly imporved the ride but than stock even with the upgraded springs.

13. Deco

Deco Senior Member

the fab-tech 2.5" kit is a cheap but considerable mod. did my '06 as soon as i got it .go for it

14. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

As was said, in the door jamb, look under FAWR.

Air bags can be had at www.truckspring.com

15. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I put a icon 2.5 leveling kit on my 05 6.0. No sag anymore with the plow raised.

16. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 Senior Member

same here i put a ready lift 2.5 on my 06 with the 6.0 and a 8.2 boss vee ,and it holds it great no sag and still a factory ride

17. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Those of you guys with the leveling kits. Where is a good place to purchase online?