1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

coil wont go over valve

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by rmarksb, Mar 10, 2007.

1. rmarksb

rmarksb Junior Member

hey i bought the c valve and coil, the coil wont go all the way down over the valve nut, the valve nut is to thick, i was afraid to screw the small nut on top down to hard,,
  2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Depending on the type of valve and coil, there is a small ring on the inside base of the coil that prevents it from slipping over the valve nut. On the other type it does not have to as the stem of the valve is longer, this leaves about 1/8 -1/4" of exposed nut at the bottom. If the coil seats on the top of the valve stem they you are ok to tighten the nut up.

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Are you trying to say that the coil will not fit over the valve all the way as in it is hard to push down?? If this is the case, then your valve is swollen and will need to be replaced.
  4. rmarksb

rmarksb Junior Member

valve coil

i bought both new, the coil slides down over the valve very east but snugged up the coil with the nut on top and some of the valves nut is still showing , the old one the coil covered up the inch and aquarter nut, the new one wont.i just thought the new one had to cover the nut like the old one did.
  5. rmarksb

rmarksb Junior Member

by the way, half the big nut shows, some of the nut up in the coil.
  6. JMR

JMR Senior Member

This is normal with the aftermarket coil and valve. I have aftermarket valves and coils on some of our pumps and that is just the way they are. They work fine like that.
  7. rmarksb

rmarksb Junior Member

hey everyone , thanks for the help, ill go out and put it back on, thanks again,.