1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Coil springs need for 92 bronco

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by captbo, Dec 28, 2009.

1. captbo

captbo Senior Member

Hi all, I am installing a western 8' pro on this bronco and it was suggested I put coil springs froma f 250 / 350 2wd, my ford suppliers tells me he can't get them what else can I do or were else should I look, would newer years work?
    Thanks Bo

2. zman300

zman300 Member

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  3. captbo

captbo Senior Member

Wow, I am suprised the bags are cheaper and easier to install Thanks

4. fordmanjimmy

fordmanjimmy Junior Member

I replaced the springs on my 1999 F-250 superduty 2wd because it looked like it was sagging because of the weight of the 7.3 diesel but when I got done it still looked the same so I kept the old ones. Recently I got a plow for my 1980 F-350 2wd dump truck that had a old western mount. The original springs were shot so I got to looking at the springs off of my superduty and they looked like the same size but the diameter of the steel was larger on the superduty springs. I decided to try them in the old F-350 and it brought the front end up nicely and now when I raise the plow it hardly sags at all!