1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Coil springs, 038-039, Dodge 2500 4x4 for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ta3834bbl, Feb 27, 2006.

1. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I just changed the front coils on my '01 Ram diesel and have a set of used 038 & 039 coils for sale. They would be an upgrade for a gas truck if your spring part #'s are lower than this, ie, 21 23 25 ect. I have them up on ebay I hope putting a link for them is ok, if not, please remove this ad. I looked for rules against links, but didn't find any forbidding it.
    These springs would be good for plowing in a gasser. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=8042161731&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1
  2. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Anyone? I would rather use springs that Timbrens or anything like that. It took me about 45 minutes to change them by myself, it was easy.
  3. wls

wls Senior Member

What do you have to do to remove the springs, get one of those spring compressor,s?
  4. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

1. ) Jack the truck off the ground in the front.

2. ) take the front tires off.

3. ) disconnect the sway bar on the side your working on, or both sides if you want.

4. ) jack the side your working on up just a little to take the pressure off the shock bolt (because of full extension) and remove the lower shock bolt.

5. ) lower the jack and allow the axle to hang ( keep an eye on the brake lines, etc. )

6. ) slightly lift the opposite side of the axle so you can push down on the side you are removing the spring from.

7. ) compress the shock fully by hand up into the spring

8. ) now quickly remove the spring and replace it with the new spring before the shock extends.

9. ) make sure the spring is sitting in the upper and lower pockets correctly

10. ) let the other side down so you can jack the side with the new spring in it up a little so the lower shock bolt can be reinstalled.

11. ) repeat for the other side.

12. ) reapply the sway bar bushings and nutted washers.

13. ) put wheels on and torque to specs and take a test drive with your new springs.

Hope these directions were detailed enough to follow.