1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Coil question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Gusco, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

Last night i hit a small tree stump and the blade stop angleing left and right. I thought maybe i burnt a coil or something. I farted around with it for a half hour or so trying to figure it out. I ended up driving it back to my house and proceeded to push what snow i could in a straight line. The blade pitched to the right when i was stacking the snow and started to work perfectly again. Does anyone have a clue as to what could have caused this?
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  2. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Almost sounds like moisture in the angle cylinders. If you have a meyers, I'd take a guess and say that is what it is. I don't know what the tree stump could have done to make it stop.
  3. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

Sounds like you blew A quick coupling to me. Pull them apart and see if there all together in there.
  4. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Sounds like it was just a loose electrical connection .
  5. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

The plow is a Snoway 29 7'6"

I checked the electrical connections first thing and all were good.
    The thing that puzzles me is that all it took was a hard push into a snow pile for it to work fine again.
  6. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I think moisture has penetrated into my system. Everytime I want to angle the cylinders, they won't move, and I have to start plowing to get them to move. I guess the initial jolt losens them up.
  7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Sounds like you spiked a valve and its sticking.
  8. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

Im not sure what you mean by a "Spiked valve". Do you mean something along the lines of being contaminated with something? Like water. It did this just once and has worked fine since. Is this something that needs attention? If so, what should i look for? Thanks for all the input.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  9. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i think he means that when you hit the stump you spiked the pressure in the angle cylinder valve. the hydraulic fluid had no where to go but back to your solenoid, but it was closed so the pressure spiked, or went real high. hope that helps.
  10. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

Ok i think i have the idea of what could have happend. So when i hit the snow pile the second time it pushed it back over and "regulated" the pressure? If that was the case then it should be ok i guess. If there were any perm damage it wouldnt work correctly now right? Thanks guys.