1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cognito A Arms and green keys

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by William B., Nov 19, 2011.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I'm trying to decide if I should put in a set of green keys to help get my truck leveled up or closer to level with the 2" blocks in the back. With the factory keys damn near maxed out the front sits a bout an inch more or less low in the front and I can't stand it. If it wasn't so obvious then it wouldn't bother me near as bad.

I've got longer Bilstien shocks in the front already but I don't want the ride to turn to complete **** either. In a perfect world I'd just put a 4" lift on it and that would get me to where I want and then some but I'm still kicking around the idea of getting an LMM next year or so and don't want to spend the 2500 on a lift just get rid of the truck.

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Do you have cognito's now? Green keys will tighten it up some, but with UCA's and shocks it's comparable to stock. Just keys will ride worse, regardless of if it "should" or not.

3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Yes I have them now along with longer shocks, and the pitman and idler arm braces.

4. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

FWIW, I have full cognito leveling kit on my cement truck, I mean pickup truck and I still cannot get it to sit level let alone use my cup holders unless the cup is empty. If you want to PM me your number I have some interesting figures to share with you regarding ride height.

5. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

I also have a DMax with a 9.2. poly V