1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CODE3 Excalibur MINI lightbar W/ filters !!!!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by shott8283, Dec 11, 2009.

1. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

Ok, so i took the liberty of ordering the filters needed to make this lightbar amber color. Like my other thread, this is near brand new condition. mounted a few times but never actually used on a vehicle.

bought this bar intended for my plow truck but decided to go with a full size since i needed it split for plowing and VFD

i need $230 out of this bar, but open to offers. plus shipping (Buyer to pay actual shipping)

accept paypal and moneyorder (or personal check, only after check clears)

will meet up if a buy is local.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is a video with the rotators with the amber filters. and the flashers with the amber filters.

bar is 2 standard speed rotators and 4 wig wag amber flashers. this flashers can be rewired to steady burn for takedown and rear lights and youll just need to remove the filters

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H7YzTh2Ll4w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H7YzTh2Ll4w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

NOTE: my test battery was getting low on juice, you can notice that the rotators slow down once the flashers are fired up.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  2. overtime

overtime Senior Member

What do you have for the control box? How high off the table is this looking for something smaller then what i have to fit in garage. Thanks

3. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

i dont have a control box for this.. really doesnt require one since its only 2 hots and one ground. easily able to wire it up to some switches you can put in your dash or wherever really.

it sits 2 1/2 inches off the table to the bottom of the bar and then 4 inches for the bar itself..

so your looking at 6 1/2 inches.. call it 7 to be safe..

now.. the nice thing about the frame on this bar is that the mounting feet are mounted into a tracked aluminum frame that use carrage bolts. so you could essentially make up any bracket you want and have it bolted directly to the back rack or anything you have

thats what i did with my MX7000.. it is bolted right on top of my home made back rack.

4. overtime

overtime Senior Member

Let me measure mine tonight and ill let ya know saturday or sunday. Thanks for your time.

5. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

no problem! thanks for the interest!

6. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

Is this still available

7. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

possibly... overtime is measuring to see if it would fit for him. ill let you know when he gets back to me

8. bossman22

bossman22 Senior Member

so you filtered the takedown? and how hard would it be to take the filter off because I just want the strobes amber and takedowns to be auxilary also what all would I have to do to get this working, switch box, flasher... or... and last question could i mount this to the roof of my truck? Sorry for so many questions im new at this and trying to figure out what I want my truck to look like. Thanks!

9. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

yea.. the filters just snap on.. they come off easy.. they arnt strobes just flashers.. basically a light housing that i have wired to wig wag with a flasher unit.. you can unplug the flasher unit and wire them straight to stay on steady burn for takedowns/rear lights.. i just filtered them since a bunch of guys were interested in the bar but backed out since they would have to order the filters afterwords..

there are only four lamp housings two front and two rear.. so you would have to reconfigure it (the bar is completely modular and able to be modified and customized really easily) i have a few more lamp housings i can sell with the bar if needed.. making it possible to have flashers AND takedowns/alleys etc etc

you would need to just route the wires into the cab and send them to switches.. you COULD get a switch box but since this bar isnt a full size bar.. the need for a switch box isnt necessary.. but couldnt hurt if you wanted it that way.. i dont have an extra switch box for this bar.. but can be had on ebay and other sites for around 50 bux..

you could mount this to the roof of a truck but would need the magnet mounts that take the place of the stand off mounts that are already on it.. or you can bolt it to a back rack or anything really.. the bottom of the bar is an extruded aluminum frame with tracks in it making mounting possibilities really easy..

hope this helps!.. ill let you know if the other guys pass on this bar.. still waiting to hear..

thanks for the interest!

10. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

bump with a PM sent to overtime for an update.

11. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

bossman and Jake. this bar is back to being available. ill pm you both to let you now

12. bossman22

bossman22 Senior Member

I didnt get a pm. I dot think I had 10 posts at the time

13. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

yea.. i couldnt pm you since you didnt have enough posts.

i will now though lol

edit: still cant.. maybe you have them turned off? are you still intersted?

14. bossman22

bossman22 Senior Member

Im very intrested i was wondering how much the shipping would be to 67230. Thanks and I hope to have this purchased by wednesday or thursday (I got finals all this week so im studying). also do you have a paypal.

15. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

still available ..

16. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

bossman, sent ya another message with a price

17. beungood

beungood Member

How muc to ship to 02184?

18. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

PM sent to beungood