1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

code C0055

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by highlander316, Nov 29, 2013.

1. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

the truck in question is a 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 auto. On the display, it says 'Service Air Bag' and the seat belt light is on. I had the truck scanned at Autozone and code C0055 came up. The scanner read vehicle speed sensor. Before I go buying parts (as their computers didn't exactly match up with the code :dizzy:), I wanted to get some confirmation on here.

What exactly is this code saying? What part or parts would I need to be changing? :help:

2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

It is a speed sensor...not sure it would be related to the air bag light or seat belt. I had corrosion on my air bag module under the drivers seat that played havoc with my electrical but didn't disable the truck luckily.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Go to the dealer. SOME of the airbag and abs codes are proprietary and aftermarket scanners can't retrieve them.
    Becareful of airbags. The slightest voltage will set them off. So disconnect the battery before servicing
  4. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

I had the airbag light/display message on 05 Chevy 1500 4x4 had it scanned from gmc mechanic and was sensor under the front bumper small sensor but its $100+.