1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Code 3 Mini Light bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by rstan2010, Dec 1, 2011.

1. rstan2010

rstan2010 Member
    from Troy MI

Just got a code 3 light bar and was wondering if there is any way to wire it to my upfitter switches in my truck? the bar has the cigaret plug and has 2 switches, on/off and the dif patterns.
  2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

yes, you will have to cut the cig plug off unless you can unscrew it. Wire the hot wire to the upfitter switch wiring you want to use. (use an inline fuse). Then either put a cig plug back on for the negative wire and the pattern wire to the positive. Go to ford site & look for the upfitter bulletin if you need the wiring diagram for the upfitter swicth layout
  3. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

You should be able to use an upfitter switch to change patterns too if you want to use two of those switches
  4. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

That would depend on whether his light uses a momentary hot or mometary ground to change patterns. I've seen both systems used.
  5. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Even if it is a momentary groud, he can use a relay to switch the positive signal to a ground
  6. sailorman3

sailorman3 Junior Member

Just wire a cig. light female end unto your upfitter switches to the spot where your plug is coming into. Then the upfitter switch will control the light and you will still be able to change the pattern with the button. Also when using the upper fitter switches, no fuse will be necessary as they are alredy fused with 30, 10 or 5 amp. fuses, depending on which switch is used.
  7. rstan2010

rstan2010 Member
    from Troy MI

Thanx guys for all the help. Got it all figured out now