1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

code 3 lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by wahlturfcare, Dec 6, 2007.

1. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

I was wondering if the code 3 lights are any good? I am looking into getting one, and i think the state here uses them on their trucks but not sure. I want something that is going to be bright even if it is slow.

2. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

Code 3 makes a very high quality product.

3. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

What code 3 product?

4. m00nraker

m00nraker Member

Again, depends on what light your looking at.

They are a well known company that make products as good as any other, but their LED line tends to be a little pricier than Whelen.

5. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I have two of their dual rotator bars. I have had fine luck with them and think they are great. In terms of whats brighter, strobes are mostly the same, rotators, than LED's. Thats just my opintion. Obviously LED's are much brighter, but I dont think you would go wrong with one of their products.

6. HAZMAT

HAZMAT Junior Member

7. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Speaking of CODE 3 lights... I have a few Code 3/Traffic buster, Federal and Whelen Sirens and speakers for sale. Have some older strobe modules and some cables too!

8. HAZMAT

HAZMAT Junior Member

Pirsch I have inquired about your stuff before, drop me an email knhf07@gmail.com

- Kevin

9. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

the light im looking at is a mag mt. anyone use one of them?

10. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

All of my strobes and beacons on my other trucks are mag mount. Never had a problem. The Foreman take them off after storms though. I am sure driving 65mph on the highway everyday with one on, and your bound to loose one.

11. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

What type are you look'n at? I used to use a Code 3/Force 4 LP mini bar 6001M to be exact. That thing cleared alot of traffic! Double rotator offset, angled mirror.

Don't know if this guy is still in business but it's where I got the pic... http://members.aol.com/Dcaptain/page3.htm

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  12. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

nova.com...............................

13. Tagg

Tagg Junior Member

Goto: www.florapse.com and look at the SPECIAL at the top right of the page. Code 3-PSELB420AMH Excellent light very bright. Just purchase 1 about 3 days ago. FREE Shipping and NO TAX. Great Deal for $ 94.95 payup

14. Tagg

Tagg Junior Member

15. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Ordered the same light yesterday for $94.95 with no tax and got free shipping and i am receiving it tomorrow. 3 days. Now www.FLORAPSE.com is a deal. Thanks for the site.

16. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

I have the code3 excaliber. very reliable, very bright.

17. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

One of the Code 3 rotators I just bought lasted one storm, and a bulb already burnt out. Anyone ever heard of this? Is the bulb easy to change out??

18. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

yeah they are pretty easy to change out. take it apart and 5 mins later you have it all fixed up.

19. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Do you just pull the bulb out? Does it unscrew?

20. Tagg

Tagg Junior Member

Just plugs in. Walmart for under $ 5.00.