1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"Coating to an inch" my butt!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Our local weather guys are at their best again this year. We were supposed to get a coating to an inch of wet snow and more in our traditional snow belts, no big deal it should just melt off, right? Well we got our first plowable snow of the year. In the city we ended up with around 4" in my area and around a foot! just a mile or two south of the city. It was the wet, sloppy crap that sent everybody into a panic like they've never seen snow before. Accidents all over the place, trees down every it was a real mess and it did nothing but screw us for any type of decent fall clean ups.
  2. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

The only profession on the planet that you still get paid no matter how bad you screw up!!! The weathermen are the same here, we get our plows ready when they say we're getting a dusting and we put 'em away when they say we're getting a foot!!!:dizzy:

Later, Todd
  3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Brian, it was a suprise for a lot of people PENELEC included. Still have over 10K people without power in the county. Whole area by the shop was out from 6:30 ish to 2:00 in the afternoon. Got upwards of 18" at Colt Station and 22"+ at Peak and Peak ski resort vs. 8" here at the shop. ( 15 miles between farthest points )

Hope you stayed on top of things.

4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I don't even have my jobs all lined up yet! That would be awful! At least you made some good money, or at least hopefully!
  5. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I wish chicago wasn't on the wrong side of the lake!
  6. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Lets just say it's a good thing my brother bought my XJ with the plow, since my LSX was sitting at home with the Dakota with a fancy handheld controller....that was broken. My parents are still without power, Dad is glad he spent the $$ for a stand-by generator after the last multiple day power outage.
  7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Yeah I heard you guys were without power from about 8am. Jerre, I finally found some guys, called one out yesterday and his 90 Chevy blazer got 2 miles down the road then died....One other guy still has his 78 Chevy K something at the shop, they cant find a shaft for his transfer case.This should be a fun winter..NOT! By the barracks we got an inch or so but in west Millcreek I was plowing 3-4" of that crap. Still looking for 1 more guy if you know anyone,Thanks Brian.
  8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Tell me about it.pumpkin: haha a new smilie
  9. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

oh you crazy pumpkin head!:salute:
  10. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

We just got teaser flakes and sleet.