1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Co-op for bagged salt in NJ

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ppandr, Oct 2, 2008.

1. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Looking for anyone who is interested in getting together and splitting a trailer load or two. I have not gotten pricing as of yet but last year was $3.30 a bag direct for the trailer load. You pay what we pay.

2. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

I was just going to post the same. Im in northern Jersey and could be interested as I will need bagged myself. I only have a pallet left over from last year and will need prob six pallets. Mike

3. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Again, I would be interested in 2-4 pallets. Thanks Mike

4. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Any update? I thought you needed someone to split a load?

5. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Sorry, have been away for a while. Our email is thegardenlife@embarqmail.com and our number is 908-534-6400. I will get a price as soon as I get a chance. Last years quote for Halite 50lbs was 3.23 per bag. Of course it will go up as does everything else....

6. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Ok that sounds good. Thanks for the info. I will definitely be in contact with you. Thanks Mike

7. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Just got quote.....prior to NOV 1 the price is 3.70/bag for 50lbs....$182/pallet

8. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

This guy will not pick up cell phone and business phone. I have been calling him for weeks and leaving messages on both lines no response. The company is post sales and rails and the garden life. In Hunderton county NJ off of 22 east? anyone know this guy???:angry:

9. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

I might be able to help you out on 4 to 6 pallets,

Let me make a few phone calls and I'll get back to you.

If I can still add some pallets, can you come pick them up in New Windsor, NY?

10. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Thank you. Just PMed you.

Mike

11. Pennings Garden

from VA

PM sent back to you, I'll try to get an anwser tomorrow.

12. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Mike,
    First post you wanted 6 pallets...
    Next post 2-4 pallets...
    Then you told me on the phone 2 pallets and then you wanted me to hold one (and that depended on the price, which you already knew.) Some how that does not seem like splitting a load.

You called my office on 11/6 and left message that you were still interested and I apologize for not getting back, but we still do not have all our commercial contracts back as of 11/18. You then called last week. Putting two and two together I recognized your number from my cell phone. In looking back in my history I did see that you called a ridculous number of times...but you NEVER left a message on my cell phone. I get 40-60 calls a day and I never answer numbers I don't know because I would never get anything done ( I actually work alongside my employees). Contrary to most businesses we are having very busy year (will be our second most dollar volume) and had to hire two more employees to keep up and we will not get everything done before year end.

Regardless we never filled the order, we our going to buy through Lesco until all our commercial contracts are finalized.

Again, I apologize for the lack of communication.

13. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Yea I did call you a ridiculous number of times because I called and left several messages (probably 3 on your cell and 3 on the business line). Then I just got sick and tired of leaving messages that were not being returned. So I was simply calling after that and leaving no messages and yes there was a lack of communication. You didnt respond for an entire MONTH. I really dont appreciate you letting me hang out there like that. I was just concerned because I only have a pallet of salt left. I was in a bit of a panic. Yes I realize I changed how many pallets that I wanted but thats because things come up like a new transfer case. So right now I need 3 pallets.

14. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Easy boys, us jersey guys have to stick together!

15. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

True. Hes blaming me?? Hes the one that didnt call me back for a MONTH!!!:gunsfiring: Anyways im dealing with another guy now.

16. Gerry125

Gerry125 Senior Member

x2:waving:

17. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Im ok now, got it all out haha:drinkup:

18. Pennings Garden

from VA

This worked out Great!! JeepPlow18 came over today to pick up his 3 pallets of salt, I got a better price and quick delivery and so did JeepPlow18 (he just paid my cost). We can do this with a couple more guys next year and maybe get an even better price...

Thanks Mike! it was good to meet you today!:salute: