1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CNY Sealing and Snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by srl28, Oct 20, 2010.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Got a bid request for a local commercial property. Its for yr round landscape and snow work but my question is this- Has anyone heard/dealt with these guys? Based in Central NY.

I'm not looking to start a fight on how management companies and the like suck. Dont go there on this thread. Asked a simple question-anyone work with or heard of CNY? If so let me know how it went.

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I got a request from them too....I haven't decided whether or not to bid it. But I did have a conversation with them this afternoon. They don't seem to have any idea about the area, nor do they have any specifics on the property.....So far like any other national.

BUT

They represent themselves as a small "prop management" company that kind of stumbled into an oppurtunity here, and is really a big seal coat operation. I haven't checked their website, or done any other research.

Is it better to work for a little guy? I'm not sure..........

3. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

I'm not sure either.

I checked their website out and it wasnt all that impressive. Not from a subs point of view. However the whole seasonal contract thing and the fact that the properties are small local ones is enticing. If you dont mind my asking, where were the sites they sent you? PM me if ya want. We only got sent 1, so far. Still watiing to hear back from them

Not sure if they have any pricing in mind or that they will send us or if its totally up to us

4. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Sent you a PM srl, I get the idea that more local guys, if they are dealing things outside the NY?NJ area obviously it will be more, will get calls soon if they're handling all the churches of the same denomination.