1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CNY 2011-2012 Season

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by DieselSlug, Dec 8, 2011.

1. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Well so far this is the most snow we have had this season. Hopefully better ones to come. Was a nice sheet of ice over the parking lot. This is where i work. Currently we dont have a plowing contract.

IMG_2282.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Lucky got no snow here, well only snow here is a dusting that is on the truck.

3. DieselSlug

DareDog, where abouts in NY are you located?

Took a couple of pictures of our snow removal equipment at the workplace. Have a few sidewalks to take care of.

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

4. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

im north east of you. im in Oneida.

got any pics of your plow truck?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  5. DieselSlug

6. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Where do you work? Do you plow for yourself? Is the company you work for looking for a contract?

7. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

lol what do you mean you do not have a contract yet......!:dizzy:

8. DieselSlug

I work at Steans & Wheler. Its an environmentalists firm in Cazenovia. I do plow for myself, but only a couple residentials and my parents drives, business has slowed over the past 3 years mostly due to my location. Im not sure if we are looking anymore. The guy who did it last year came and salted last week so im guessing hes back on. Will let you know if he isnt tho!

9. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

I am sorry that my post isn't about snow plowing, we have no snow to plow anyways.

What I am looking for is a member that lives in Oneida that knows of a location that needs free hard fill. We would push piles down after project completion. I would have about 50 trucks to dispose of this spring.

Thanks

10. DieselSlug

Will keep my eyes peeled, currently dont know of anyone needing hard fill.

11. DieselSlug

A couple pictures form a few minutes ago (8:30AM) in Cazenovia, NY. Starting to accumulate. About 1-2'' so far and the snow started about 6:20AM. Doesnt look like its gonna let up for a few hours. Will get more pictures as the day progresses.

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

12. DieselSlug

Some more pictures of the snow at 2:50 this afternoon. Took my truck out at lunch so i got a chance to brush it off. The green Dakota has been there all day. Got the blower out and cleaned in between the company cars (fusions and *pri') and down the sidewalk.

* Plural for prius i guess.

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

13. DieselSlug

Hopefully get a few pictures of plowing the few drives i have tonight. My camera doesnt like the dark too well.

14. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I plowed this morning around 10am; had about three inches of the heavy wet stuff that I wanted to get rid of before the temperatures dropped and it all froze up on me. Been real windy since then, so even though it's been snowing all day, the driveway is still relatively clear because there are no snowbanks to cause much drifting.

I'm in Pompey

15. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

16. DieselSlug

Cool! Im right in the town of Fabius! Good to see a local!

Ended up doing a good bit of plowing of course no good pictures because it was dark. Not sure why my camera wont take a decent dark photo.