1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cn you identify this for me?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ATV Plow King, Jul 24, 2009.

1. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

Can you identify this blade for me and maybe the size.

Also here's the truck it goes on.

Im wondering cuz im getting this truck and need parts for the plow.

DSCN4593-1.jpg

DSCN4592.jpg

f150.jpg

2. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

3. ATV Plow King

Cool thanks a lot. Do you know how old it is, where I can get parts, and if i can change that big stick controller to a smaller one or ever a hand held?

Thanks,

-Bill

4. ATV Plow King

???:confused:????:confused:?????:confused:

5. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

you should be able to buy those parts from anyone of the supporting vendors here; including us. trying to use an electric joystick or handheld is almost a guaranteed suicide mission. unless you find the parts used and cheap (like new pump, wiring, controller). all new stuff would be crazy money.

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

well, the manual has 93 on it....not sure you can change out the controller since its cable operated.

7. ATV Plow King

ok thats fine it just looks big and ugly

and what do you mean cable operated?

8. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

it does not run off electricity, the cables run from the control stick to the pump. There should be 2 cables on the front of the truck from the grill that look similar to a throttle cable

9. ATV Plow King

When i looked at it today i didnt see any cables just wires, but when i go back mon ill let you know

10. 76CHEVY

76CHEVY Member

It is a Soleniod Isarmatic MarkIIIa, This was the the conventional with the first eletric hydro system,
    you can get parts from http://j-thomas.com just email them and they can help you out. Your control should have a black on the end of it if am not mistaking.

here is a link to the owners manual.

http://westernplows.com/pdf/13523_080092.pdf

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  11. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

With all do respect why would you buy from them. They don't sponsor here. Does cheap aftermarket parts really matter? I mean I can sell the cheap crap like them, but figure you guys wuould prefer the higher quality replacement part. It does bring upa good question: do you guys prefer aftermarket parts? Is it all about the price or preceived value?

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If it has cartridge valves instead of gate valves it is an unusual bear:nod: I had one on a 94 conventional mount and it was special order.

If it is the elec. cartridge pump it is the same power head as in on the uni-mount however your description of the control sounds more like the cable operated. a picture of the pump would settle it once and for all.

13. 76CHEVY

76CHEVY Member

Basher, he could be seeing battery cable. and that could be the wire.

Noble,

I buy from local suppliers and they actually do sell alot of OEM Western,Meyers and Boss parts more then what you might think, they are actually a Meyers dealer. Alot of people I know here locally buy from them and we all run different plows. I have purchase poppet valves and such and they come in Western OEM bags. The only part I have ever had a problem with was a quick connect and when I called them they asked if I wanted credit or a new one, that was a part from Buyers and after looking at your site and seeing your a Buyers Dealer with Salt Doggs you are calling you own stuff you sell crap oh ya Buyers also makes the OEM plow parts for Boss once again a line you carry. What do you really know J-Thomas?

Also what does gives you the right to say they sell crap, do you know what they sell for sure have you seen their stock before? I have never bought from you so what would give me the right to say you sell crap.

Why does it bother you that i mentioned them. If it makes you happy when I call and place an order with them i will ask them to sponser the board.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  14. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

Yeah that sounded mean. I didn't mean for it come across like that. My bad, I am sorry. It has been a tough two months nd it seems like I always wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

15. 76CHEVY

76CHEVY Member

Nobel,

Its all good I just feel they are good people that work there and they take care of there customer just as am sure you do. as you probly know being a business guy word of mouth is the best advertisement and how many time has a customer of your reffered you to somebody like i said its all good, i actually wondered if i was coming off a little hash as i was typing it.

BTW you might need to wake up your IT guy some of your pages are not loading in the lighting section

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No J Thomas isn't running a banner year around but CPW and Tim Wallace do and both stock OEM and aftermarket, Buyers (you know the "the cheap crap " people) has a year around banner running as well and where doing it before you came around. I don't see them whining because someone mentioned a competitor's name.

If we operate to your philosophy MJD needs to rank suppliers by tenure so we know who we're suppose to buy from:rolleyes: oh you wouldn't like that, it would put you low on the list. Anyone can pay for a sponsorship but that dosen't make their products or services any better. Sorry the guys aren't kissing your donkey and making this an extremely profitable use of your advertising dollars.

I'm not saying your a bad supplier or that they're any better but you didn't buy anything but ad space. You didn't buy a guarantied customer base or undying loyalty, that takes awhile to develop.

The only reason you can not buy Boss parts from Buyers is because Buyers supplies so much stuff to Boss, they already have that market locked up.:D

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Where's your glasses? :D

Perhaps I can shed some light. It is in fact a cable operated pump as Basher suspects. If you look closely at the pic you can see it has the really old 3" Prestolite pump motor as well as the control cables are visable exiting through the grill on the driver side.

This plow setup was very likey new with the truck if that gives you an indication of it's age.

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I agree, and the wise move could be to look for a used cartridge operated unit and control. The chances of the existing powerhead needing more $ in parts then a used unit would cost is great and any used unimount harness could be easily modified to work. Would allow him to buy "modern" parts also. you know if that has the OLD motor it has the OLD pump and lift valve as well. Heck he could probably build an: in-famous Westrmeyer even cheaper:D

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Well with B&B's light you can see it a little better;) It looks like some one all ready started the Westrmeyer routine,:nod: the center spring is a Meyer type spring. I would consider changing all three springs for new matching springs. Use a western spring regardless of manufacture (OEM or aftermarket) as the the rates and lengths are different.

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

This isn't Motel 6. :D

I agree. I've resurrected enough of those dinosaurs to know they can get expensive fast if they need to be dependable. At the least it will likely need a motor, a seal kit, cables, and you know that lift valve will never budge.

Blade itself looks good though (except for the center spring), perfect candidate for the Meytern conversion.