1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

C'mon You Maniacs...Give It Back!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Allagash, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

I found this unfortunate story today and couldn't help but feel bad for the these people. The next thought that entered my mind was I wonder if the guy that used to plow them stole it...? Anyone from Auburn on this site loose the Good Shepherd Food Bank as an account? Fess up!

Here's the story:

SECTION: State and Regional

LENGTH: 260 words

HEADLINE: Thieves snatch snow plow from one of state's largest charities

DATELINE: AUBURN, Maine

BODY:
    The Good Shepherd Food Bank, one of Maine's largest charities, appealed Wednesday for the return of its new snow plow, which was stolen from its lot as Thanksgiving approached and much of the state was getting its first snow of the season.

Thieves on Tuesday night took the Meyers plow that was being stored on pallets at the charity's warehouse in Auburn. Also stolen were pumps and attachments from the food bank's dump truck.

The food bank's JoAn Chartier said the 10-foot plow was just purchased last January, and would have paid for itself within a winter's season. Good Shepherd officials say it would have taken several strong men or someone with a boom truck to lift the plow.

"It was going to pay for itself in two months," said Chartier, adding that it costs $250 to $300 each time its lot is plowed after a snowstorm. Last January alone, Good Shepherd paid $2,200 in snow removal fees.

Paul Tarr, operations manager for the food bank, issued a plea for the return of the plow. He said that with Thanksgiving arriving, the charity needs to focus on feeding the hungry.

Anyone with information was asked to contact the food bank or call the Auburn police.

Good Shepherd last year distributed more than nine million pounds of food to pantries and soup kitchens in Maine. It also arranged for six tractor trailer loads of bottled water, packaged snack foods and cleaning supplies to be sent to the Gulf Coast after Hurricane Katrina.

---

Good Shepherd Food Bank 782-3554

Auburn Police Department 784-7332

LOAD-DATE: November 24, 2005

2. go plow

go plow Senior Member

Normally i wouldnt wish bad on anyone! but in this case ,I WISH THE PEOPLE THAT STOLE THIS PLOW SOME DAY ARE HOMELESS SO THEY KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE!!!! ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT NEED FOOD, AND THESE JERKS ARE OUT STEALING SNOW PLOWS!!!!! WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO GOING TO WORK, AND BUYING THINGS YOU NEED OR WANT?????

3. jackrusselfire

jackrusselfire Junior Member

I would hope they do not read or are a member of Plowsite. I do not believe we have that type of person as a member. The Lord doe's work in mysterious ways. They will get there's 10 fold. I guess they will enjoy being the Devil's Lap Child eating *hit out of the devil's a## with a spoon. I know that is sick. But they would deserve it. Sorry if I have offended anyone. :yow!:

4. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

Thats plain sick. Auburn Maine isnt that large of a town. So if it was a local that swiped it. They will get caught eventually. I mean how many new 10 foot plows could there be in a small town?

5. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Plow

Anyone on here know someone from Fisher..Maybe they would be willing to help out an organization in state..Another reasone to buy the plow lock I have seen online..

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Goes to prove people will steal from anyone. The same idiots probably break into Church's too!

7. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto