1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

clutch

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dany, Dec 29, 2001.

1. dany

dany Member

I just put a 3 inch body lift on my 75 f-250. I had to exstend the clutch rod that runs down through the floor of the cab. when i disconnected the rod a torpedo shapped piece of metal which i later learned slips over a piece of threaded rod where it goes into the clutch. Which way do i turn the nut to adjust it? I messed up the adjustment when I was trying to figure out where the threaded rod went. The clutch will engage enough to put it in gear but when you put it to the floor it does not spring back up?:confused: So my real question is which way do i need to adjust the adjuster and why does the clutch not spring back to original position?

Thanks

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Don't know which direction to turn, but it sounds like the adjuster rod needs to be longer, to give your pedal less free play. It sounds like the linkage has gone over center due to too much travel, lengthening the rod should fix it

3. dany

dany Member

The kit i bought came with a 3 inch exstention that i welded in. I havent been driving the truck so ill fool around with it in about a week when the garage gets finished. RESTERATION TIME!!!!!!!!!!